By teaching children at a young age to move their bodies and be kind to one another, just one person can positively impact an entire community. From teacher trainings to school in-services, yoga festivals to workshops, hundreds of adults and thousands of children have experienced Imagination Yoga and its many offerings. With respect and gratitude to all teachers that have come before, it is with much love that we continue to spread the beautiful and ancient practice of yoga to people of all ages, everywhere.
Imagination Yoga trainings have been used and implemented by; teachers, parents, yogis, those in the medical and mental health fields, as well as adults who see the benefit of introducing yoga to kids. Imagination Yoga’s trainings are offered in a modular approach. This flexibility allows students to participate in a way that fits into their lifestyle. From the teacher bringing yoga into their classroom, the parent introducing yoga into their family’s daily routine, or the person interested in starting a kids yoga business, Imagination Yoga can teach you how!
Trainings qualify for continuing education hours through the Yoga Alliance and Oregon ECE hours.
Imagination Yoga Trainings:
- 2 hour workshop − Inspiring Kids to Move
- 2 hour workshop − Imagination Yoga Special Needs
- 2 day Teacher Training
- Becoming a Certified Imagination Yoga Teacher
- Imagination Yoga Curriculum Training − Learn how to introduce: Kindness, Concentration, Calm, Gratitude, etc.
- Business & Marketing training − Launch Kids Yoga in your community
2 hour workshop − Inspiring Kids to Move
This workshop is perfect for Parents, Teachers and Yogi's alike. You will learn Imagination Yoga poses (appropriate for children ages 2-12), one Imagination Yoga Adventure and lots of creative ways to teach children about kindness, concentration, calm and breath. The class will review the NASPE recommendations for physical activity for this age group, as well as, the physical, cognitive, social/emotional, language benefits of Imagination Yoga. You will leave this workshop inspired, energized and full of new ideas.
Cost: varies by location
2 hour workshop − Imagination Yoga Special Needs
This course discusses physical, social, cognitive and language benefits of Imagination Yoga for children with special needs. Attendees learn the fundamentals of several yoga poses, techniques on home and/or classroom integration including: calming strategies, de-escalation plans, an initial routine for early introduction, and an Imagination Yoga Adventure to work towards.
Cost: varies by location
Imagination Yoga Teacher Training
This fun and interactive training is an immersion into the world of kids yoga. Deepen your understanding of yoga for kids, including; yoga poses, exploring alignment, benefits and Imagination Yoga games. Practice will include how to cultivate calm and kind behavior, increase physical activity, and promote concentration in a fun and developmentally appropriate way. This class focuses on introducing yoga to children ages 2-12.
In this 14-hour intensive class you will learn:
- The philosophy, science and benefits of Imagination Yoga for children ages 2-12
- 40 developmentally appropriate Imagination Yoga poses, designed specifically with the interests and abilities of children in mind. We have intentionally been very selective in pose quantity and kept the number to 40. Both you and the children will find confidence, strength and muscle memory within the practice of these 40 fun and effective kids yoga poses.
- 5 Imagination Yoga Adventures. These original story-based yoga flows simplify things for the teacher by providing a 30-45 minute class flow that kids LOVE!
- 1 Imagination Yoga game to help expand the way children learn about yoga.
- Teaching techniques, tips on Storytelling and Classroom Management
You will also receive a Complete Imagination Yoga Teacher Training Manual including:
- Comprehensive pose pages with photos, descriptions, imaginative associations and benefits
- 5 Imagination Yoga Adventures and 1 Game
- Documentation of everything discussed in the class for future reference.
Some previous knowledge of yoga and experience working with children are helpful but not required.
Teacher Discount: $495 (PreK-12th grade educators)