By teaching children at a young age to move their bodies and be kind to one another, just one person can positively impact an entire community. From teacher trainings to school in-services, yoga festivals to workshops, hundreds of adults and thousands of children have experienced Imagination Yoga and its many offerings. With respect and gratitude to all teachers that have come before, it is with much love that we continue to spread the beautiful and ancient practice of yoga to people of all ages, everywhere.
Imagination Yoga trainings have been used and implemented by; teachers, parents, yogis, those in the medical and mental health fields, as well as adults who see the benefit of introducing yoga to kids. Imagination Yoga’s trainings are offered in a modular approach. This flexibility allows students to participate in a way that fits into their lifestyle. From the teacher bringing yoga into their classroom, the parent introducing yoga into their family’s daily routine, or the person interested in starting a kids yoga business, Imagination Yoga can teach you how!
Trainings qualify for continuing education hours through the Yoga Alliance and Oregon ECE hours.
Imagination Yoga Trainings:
- Imagination Yoga Teacher Training
- 2 hour workshop − Inspiring kids to move
- 2 hour workshop − Teaching Kids Kidness, Calm and Concentration through Yoga
- On-Site School In-service
- Imagination Yoga Curriculums
- On-Line Education
Imagination Yoga Teacher Training
As a certified teacher you will become a member of the Imagination Yoga community and gain access to all of the knowledge and benefits offered. This fun and interactive training is an immersion into the world of kids yoga. Deepen your understanding of yoga for kids, including; yoga poses, exploring alignment, benefits, games and the Imagination Yoga Curriculums. Practice will include how to cultivate calm and kind behavior, increase physical activity, and promote concentration in a fun and developmentally appropriate way. This workshop focuses on introducing yoga to children ages 2-12.
The Certification Training includes:
- The philosophy, science and benefits of Imagination Yoga for children ages 2-12
- Developmentally appropriate Imagination Yoga poses, designed specifically with the interests and abilities of children in mind. Both you and the children will find confidence, strength and muscle memory within the practice of these fun and effective kids yoga poses.
- Imagination Yoga Adventures. These original story-based yoga flows simplify things for the teacher by providing a 30-45 minute class flow that kids LOVE!
- Imagination Yoga games to help expand the way children learn about yoga
- Teaching techniques, tips on Storytelling and Classroom Management
You will also recieve a Complete Imagination Yoga Teacher Training Manual including:
- Comprehensive pose pages with photos, descriptions, imaginative associations and benefits
- Imagination Yoga Adventures (Kid Yoga Flows) and games.
- Documentation of everything discussed in the class for future reference.
- Lots of opportunity to practice teaching, learning how to guide students through the poses, find your own unique voice and prepare to be an Imagination Yoga in a safe and supportive environment.
This portion of the teacher training provides you with 1, 10-week curriculum that includes adventures, games and activities. The Imagination Yoga curriculums are an easy to follow lesson plan that will inspire your students and make teaching that much easier for you.