By teaching children at a young age to move their bodies and be kind to one another, just one person can positively impact an entire community. From teacher trainings to school in-services, yoga festivals to workshops, hundreds of adults and thousands of children have experienced Imagination Yoga and its many offerings. With respect and gratitude to all teachers that have come before, it is with much love that we continue to spread the beautiful and ancient practice of yoga to people of all ages, everywhere.
Imagination Yoga trainings have been used and implemented by; teachers, parents, yogis, those in the medical and mental health fields, as well as adults who see the benefit of introducing yoga to kids. Imagination Yoga’s trainings are offered in a modular approach. This flexibility allows students to participate in a way that fits into their lifestyle. From the teacher bringing yoga into their classroom, the parent introducing yoga into their family’s daily routine, or the person interested in starting a kids yoga business, Imagination Yoga can teach you how!
Trainings qualify for continuing education hours through the Yoga Alliance and Oregon ECE hours.
Imagination Yoga Trainings:
- 3-Day Imagination Yoga Certification Training
- 2-Day Imagination Yoga Immersion
- 2 hour workshop − Inspiring kids to move
- 2 hour workshop − Teaching Kids Kidness, Calm and Concentration through Yoga
- On-Site School In-service
- Imagination Yoga Curriculums
- On-Line Education − Coming Soon in 2016!
3-Day Imagination Yoga Certificaton Training
As a certified teacher you will become a member of the Imagination Yoga community and gain access to all of the knowledge and benefits offered. Many Certified Teachers have gone on to successfully bring Imagination Yoga into their communities as a lifestyle business. This fun and interactive training is an immersion into the world of kids yoga. Deepen your understanding of yoga for kids, including; yoga poses, exploring alignment, benefits and Imagination Yoga games. Practice will include how to cultivate calm and kind behavior, increase physical activity, and promote concentration in a fun and developmentally appropriate way. This class focuses on introducing yoga to children ages 2-12.
This 3-Day Intensive training includes:
Imagination Yoga Immersion Training
- The philosophy, science and benefits of Imagination Yoga for children ages 2-12
- 40 developmentally appropriate Imagination Yoga poses, designed specifically with the interests and abilities of children in mind. We have intentionally been very selective in pose quantity and kept the number to 40. Both you and the children will find confidence, strength and muscle memory within the practice of these 40 fun and effective kids yoga poses.
- Imagination Yoga Adventures. These original story-based yoga flows simplify things for the teacher by providing a 30-45 minute class flow that kids LOVE!
- Imagination Yoga games to help expand the way children learn about yoga
- Teaching techniques, tips on Storytelling and Classroom Management
Kindness Curriculum Training
This portion of the teacher training provides a a 10-week curriculum that includes adventures, games and activities. The curriculum draws on all that you will learn in the immersion and turns it into an easy to follow lesson plan that inspires the practice of Kindness in each of your yoga classes.